It’s here! My Sony a7sII. The 4k resolution, full HD 120fps, full-frame low light video beast has arrived. I am so excited to get better acquainted with this camera. Here’s my unboxing video and some initial impressions.
Some first impressions right out of the box:
– The camera feels sturdy and solid. It’s comfortable to hold and fits nicely in small/medium hands.
– The autofocus is quick and completely silent (using the FE 16-35mm f4 lens I have on there).
– The screen is large and super clear.
– Audio levels ON the screen AND a headphone jack IN the camera. Videographers everywhere… rejoice!
– Two batteries in the box!
– The shoe on top of the camera seems to fit most mounts without an adapter, i.e. RODE Video Mic
The above video was filmed on a Sony a57.
The awesome folks at GoPro sent me an early release of the HERO4 Session to better acquaint myself with the tiny camera and share my musings with the internets. Here’s my unboxing and first impressions video.
Overall, the camera is really convenient. It’s super compact, very stealthy, and really lightweight. I think it’s going to be a great addition to my arsenal of GoPros, especially for things like snowboarding and water sports because of its portability and innate waterproof design. That’s right – the camera itself is waterproof. No special case needed.
The camera turns on and starts recording with one click of the top bottom. It stops and turns off with another click. For photos, just hold the power button down. It’ll start snapping WAY more pictures than you’ll ever need at .5 seconds per photo, but it’s convenient for capturing movement and time lapses.
I really like the wrist mount and I think this will come in handy while road biking, snowboarding, etc. I’ve even attached it to a doorknob and a tree branch in a pinch.
The camera syncs up easily with your GoPro App, which I’m in LOVE with. The functionality and ease you get within that app is remarkable. Once you open up that door, you won’t go back to the on-camera button navigation.
Welp, that about sums it up. Hope you liked the video and if you have any questions, leave a comment or hit me up on twitter @halleyobrien.